Where does the boat depart from?
Coastal Queen’s departure locations vary. Most cruises depart from Bowen’s Wharf, Newport and some special-event cruises depart from Jamestown Village. Please check the departure port indicated in your cruise confirmation email.
• Newport: 5 Bowen’s Landing, Newport, RI 02840
• Jamestown: 1 East Ferry Wharf, Jamestown, RI 02835
Where do I park for a departure from Bowen’s Wharf?
The parking areas suggested below are subject to availability and a daily/hourly fee, please allow time to find proper parking, Coastal Queen Cruises DOES NOT validate any Newport parking lot tickets. Please note that we are unable to hold the boat for late passengers.
• The Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina parking lot, 49 America’s Cup Avenue
• Bowen’s Wharf metered parking, near the Seamen’s Church Institute
• Bowen’s Wharf hourly parking lot, 13 Bowen’s Wharf
• The Newport Transportation Center garage and parking lots at 1 America’s Cup Avenue and 1 W. Marlborough Street are approximately a 15–20-minute walk from Bowen’s Wharf and usually have the most parking available
• 17 Mary Street parking lot
• 49 Long Wharf Mall parking lot
• Landing Group parking lot, 307 Swan’s Wharf Row
• Clarke Street parking lot, entrance on Clarke Street
Take the ferry from Jamestown to Newport: During the ferry season from May to October, park your car in Jamestown (see 260 Conanicus Avenue parking information below) and ride the Jamestown Newport Ferry over to Newport. This is a great way to beat the Newport traffic and the parking hassles and the Hop-On Hop-Off service will drop you off at Perrotti Park, a short five minute walk to Coastal Queen's departure site at Bowen’s Wharf in Newport. Be sure to come back another day and explore the five stops the Hop-On Hop-Off service stops at! Also, the scenery on the bay makes this boat ride a worthwhile endeavor. For schedules, information and to book a ferry ticket, go to JamestownNewportFerry.com.
For more parking options close to Bowen’s Wharf, please visit Discover Newport’s online parking guide.
Where do I park for a departure from Jamestown?
The parking areas suggested below are subject to availability and a daily/hourly fee, please arrive early to find proper parking. Please note that we are unable to hold the boat for late passengers.
• ALL DAY PUBLIC PARKING is available at 11 Knowles Court, Conanicus Avenue.
• PARKING is also available between #9 and #30 Conanicus Avenue on the seaward side and between #60 and #99 Narragansett Avenue. Both options are a short, 10–15 minute walk through Jamestown's village to the Coastal Queen and Jamestown Newport Ferry departure site at 1 East Ferry Wharf.
• OVERNIGHT and DAILY PAID PARKING is available at the Conanicut Marine Services Boat Yard at 260 Conanicus Avenue. You will need to first check in at the 1 East Ferry Wharf dock office to request a $15 one-day pass or $25 overnight pass to display on your car dashboard. If you purchase a pass online, you may go directly to the Conanicut Marine parking site at 260 Conanicus Ave. Please print the parking receipt and display it on your dashboard. Parking pass includes a free shuttle ride to the Coastal Queen and Jamestown Newport Ferry departure site. Call or text (401) 864-2985 for pick up. Parking passes can be purchased here.
What time should I arrive for my cruise?
We recommend arriving for your cruise 20–30 minutes before the scheduled departure time. We are unable to hold the boat for late passengers.
Is a gratuity included in the price of the ticket?
Gratuities are not included in the price of the ticket. We are not yet equipped to process gratuities on credit cards, however, they are still very much appreciated by the crew!
Do I need a ticket for my infant/toddler?
Yes, USCG Regulations require every passenger onboard to obtain a ticket.
Is the vessel wheelchair accessible?
Yes, the main deck is fully accessible. Also, the boat ramp at 1 East Ferry Wharf in Jamestown is ADA accessible. For Bowen's Wharf departures, please call us ahead of your trip at (401) 423-9900 x1 for information and assistance.
Are there restrooms on board?
Yes, there are onboard restrooms, but we recommend using a restroom on shore before boarding the vessel.
Can I bring food and drink on board?
Carry-on alcoholic beverages and food are prohibited onboard the Coastal Queen, however, there is an onboard bar that accepts cash and credit cards.
Do you allow animals on board?
Due to safety concerns and in consideration of our other passengers, only ADA-registered service dogs are allowed onboard.
What is the cruise cancellation policy?
Cruise tickets are non-refundable. In the event of emergency and you are unable to board at the scheduled departure time, please let us know by calling our main office at (401) 423-9900 x1, and a ticket agent will gladly assist you with rebooking or the cancellation process. In the event of severe weather or a mechanical cancellation, you will receive an email or text message notification of cancellation, and a full refund or cruise credit.
Is the vessel available for private event charters?
Yes, the Coastal Queen is available for charters. Please fill out the charter request form, and our charter manager will be in touch with you shortly.
Are e-gift cards available?
Yes, we offer e-gift cards which can be used on any Coastal Queen cruise ticket. E-gift cards are not valid at the onboard bar, or for any other service provided by Conanicut Marine Services Inc. and Jamestown Newport Ferry.
Is smoking or vaping allowed on board the Coastal Queen?
Smoking of any kind, including e-cigarettes, is prohibited while onboard.
What are your current health and safety procedures?
We are following the most up-to-date state guidance on health and safety procedures. A full list of our procedures can be found here. If you did not find an answer in our frequently asked questions, please contact us.